Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Vintage...

Our duplex, isn't so small, was built in 1972...the same year I was born.  Sigh!  I don't think the place has been updated since.  Maybe a few things here or there, but mostly not.  Thankfully, it came with a few modern conveniences of its time.  The gas fireplace is nice but we have to buy a key to use it.  However, the intercom system has been a joy.  And fun.

The first time Jacob was in the house, we thought we would have to ban the intercom because he was singing in it and driving us all crazy.  It is not the best in the world but it still works in the rooms and plays the radio throughout which is a nice way to pipe music through out the house and wake everyone up.  Simply because I am mean like that!

Today I am painting the kitchen to help update its look but the one thing that will not change is the intercom/radio, which shhh don't tell also has a knob where I can listen and see what is going on in all the rooms.  Pretty nifty!!

So before I crank up the volume, which means my daughter will have to get out of bed and turn her's down because it freaks out her rats...I thought I would jot a few thoughts on our little system and share a pic of it.  Not to worry the wall around it will soon be a nice red.

It reminds me of the Brady Bunch! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment