Friday, October 12, 2012

Some times life isn't fair

Well I always enjoy a good curve ball that life throws my way, but sometimes, they are just aren't that great! I have spoken about this because to be honest I was really upset.  I mean, REALLY.  And if you know me, you will know I am not one to get that upset about stuff.  I mean, I may have a tantrum or two, but to feel borderline depressed is just not my thing.  But here it is in a nutshell.  We moved.

So much for the big pretty house.  Sigh.
She sold it.  We were to live there while repairing Mr. Looks Good in Wrangler's credit.  Then have the option to buy.  It was to be our forever home.  So apparently forever was really quick!  Three months.  I hadn't even finished UNpacking from that move. 

So we went house hunting.  Finding NOTHING!!  We did find a duplex with really sweet landlords.  And we have our lease in hand (a problem we had with the nice house lady) I haven't lived in a duplex in ages (okay so like 20yrs) 

The kids call it a cave.  We only have four windows.  The garage is in the front (hey I still have a garage) and the front door is to the side of the garage.  The two bedrooms upstairs each have a window.  Weird going from a house full of windows to only four. 

For all intents and purposes, this house serves us better.  The living room is HUGE.  We still have a fireplace.  I think every place in Lubbock has a fireplace.  We have a large dinning room and the best... a HUGE kitchen.  REALLY huge kitchen.  Trust me, I am VERY happy about the huge kitchen.  The other one bugged me!  We have two large bedrooms upstairs and two bathrooms.  And one VERY large finished basement with a closet downstairs.  The boys (all three) sleep down there. 

The place is dated.  Built in 1972 and I don't think it was EVER updated!!  Some kind of funky cloth wallpaper that refuses to be removed.  Brown carpet (barf) and marble looking with gold glitter cabinets in the bathroom.  The landlords are VERY willing to let us do work here and take it off the rent.  Speaking of, we now pay less so that is a huge help. 

My first project is the kitchen.  I will take before and after pics as I work on the house.  But first I need to finish unpacking.  I am determined to NOT leave boxes in the garage.  And thankfully I am almost done!

While we were looking we could not find anything.  Of course the day I sign the lease, we see places pop up everywhere.  Sigh! 

I threw myself a nice pity party, but decided it wasn't worth it.  I lived in a nice house and realized that house, although nice, had its flaws.  Practically white carpet and kitchen.  No grass in the back yard.  And weirdly, Mr Looks Good in Wranglers NEVER felt at home there.  Here, he does.  He seems so much happier with this place.  I am enjoying the lower amount of maintance and I know I will live in a "nice" house again.  But until then I will take what I am given and make lemonaid (with a splash of vodaka.)

No comments:

Post a Comment